Geragos & Geragos
Phone: (213) 625-3900
Kimberly Casper is an associate of Geragos & Geragos, APC. She focuses on complex civil rights litigation, business litigation, criminal defense, and appeals in both state and federal court proceedings. Ms. Casper also allocates a portion of her practice to the private transactional matters of the firm’s high profile clients. Ms. Casper’s clients include some of the most prolific entertainers, business executives, and political leaders in the country.
Ms. Casper joined Geragos & Geragos after college in 2017 as a law clerk and has since honed her research, writing, and brief editing skills to become a heavily-relied upon asset to the firm’s civil, criminal, and appellate teams.
Ms. Casper has taken on prominent roles in the firm’s civil team, acting as Mark Geragos’s co-counsel on various, high-stake matters that have concluded favorably for the firm’s clients.
Ms. Casper has achieved the following notable victories for her clients:
1) Obtained Mediation award of $24,000,000.00 for client in confidential mediation involving corporate structuring dispute.
2) Obtained Mediation award of $8,000,000.00 for client in confidential mediation involving wrongful death.
3) Obtained $2,000,000.00 class-action settlement award for fraud class action.
4) Obtained Arbitration award of $1,090,000.00 for client in confidential arbitration involving employment separation agreement.
5) Successfully opposed a motion for summary judgment based on qualified immunity in connection with an unlawful police shooting.
6) Ms. Casper’s successful briefing and oral arguments caused two of the firm’s Covid-19 Shutdown Order complex civil rights cases to be the first of their kind in the State of California to survive challenges to their pleadings. The cases, brought on non-religious grounds, are now allowed to proceed forward against the City of Burbank and the State of California for monetary damages.
7) While handling all of the firm’s insurance business interruption lawsuits stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic, Ms. Casper spoke as a panelist for a CLE joint panel on Multidistrict Litigation (MDLs) to discuss insurer-specific MDL petitions in relation to business interruption claims across the nation.
Ms. Casper graduated from Southwestern Law School and is admitted to practice in all state courts in California and Rhode Island. She is also admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.